About Windsor Doors Direct
5 Million Installations Can't Be Wrong!
Over the years, Windsor Republic Doors has earned a reputation with architects, contractors and homeowners as a leader in the garage door industry. Our reputation for quality and value is why more than 5 million Windsor Republic Doors have been installed in homes and commercial buildings across the U. S. and Canada.
There are several reasons why you can trust Windsor Republic Doors to provide the right door at the right price for your home:
- Residential and commercial overhead doors are our only business.
- Windsor offers more choices. There is a Windsor Republic Door for practically every garage door need.
- We refuse to sacrifice quality.
- There are more than 3,000 authorized Windsor Republic Doors dealers nationwide so there's one near you if your door ever requires servicing.
- More than 50 years experience designing and delivering the finest garage doors in the country.
We appreciate your interest in Windsor Republic Doors. If you have any questions about any Windsor Republic Doors product, please contact us or the closest Authorized Windsor Republic Doors Dealer listed in the Dealer Locator section.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I paint my Windsor Republic Door?
- Windsor Republic Door Models 724, 730, 735, 750, 755 & 790 are prepainted and ready for years of worry-free beauty. If you wish to apply another color, please clean the surface with trisodium phosphate. Rinse the surface thoroughly and allow it to dry. Use high quality exterior latex (water based) paint and apply it with a brush. If you intend to paint your door, e-mail us for specific painting instructions at email@example.com.
- If I paint my door, does it void the warranty?
- WARNING: Since Windsor Republic Doors has no control over re-coating, we do not warrant this product against peeling of the original factory applied baked enamel finish or subsequent coats of paint where re-coating has occurred.
- What does your Residential Door Warranty cover?
- Windsor Republic Doors provides some of the strongest warranties in the industry. Please view our on-line warranties for specifics.
- What colors are available on residential doors?
- Windsor Republic Doors offers five (5) residential colors - polar white, almond, sandstone, gray, and brown - depending on the door model. Please refer to our Residential Door Section for specific information by model.
- Can I install my Windsor Republic Door myself?
- Windsor Republic Doors and DASMA (Door and Access Systems Manufacturers Association) always recommend that a professional installer perform all installation and/or service work. Garage doors are large heavy objects under high tension. Mishandling can cause serious injury and further damage to your door and garage.
- Can I buy a door directly from Windsor Republic Doors?
- To insure that your door is installed and serviced properly, Windsor Republic Doors sells our products only through a vast network of authorized Windsor Republic Doors dealers. They have trained, qualified installers to provide the best installation and service. Click here for a Windsor Dealer near you!
- Why don't you have prices on your website?
- Windsor does not post pricing on our website for the following reasons:
- Pricing varies from dealer to dealer, depending on shipping costs, market conditions and local economy.
- Each door model comes with dozens of possible sizes and options.
- A garage door is an important purchase, and we believe you benefit from the expert advice of a Windsor Republic Doors dealer in determining the best product and options for your application and budget.
- Where can I buy parts for my Windsor Republic Door?
- Some hardware stores carry a limited selection of garage door parts. We recommend you contact your local Windsor Republic Doors dealer for replacement parts and service.
- Can I have brochures sent to me?
- Yes. You can contact your local Windsor Republic Doors dealer for product brochures or you can e-mail us at www.windsordoor.com and we will be happy to send you brochures on products you are considering. We ask that you be sure to include your complete name and mailing address, along with the model number(s) of the products you are interested in.
- My door feels heavy and/or requires two hands to open - is something wrong?
- Yes. Your door is out of balance and needs adjustment. Please contact your local Windsor Dealer to diagnose and correct the problem. Windsor Republic Doors and DASMA (Door and Access Systems Manufacturers Association) always recommend that a professional installer perform all installation and/or service work. Garage doors are large heavy objects under high tension. Mishandling can cause serious injury and further damage to your door and garage.
- My garage door opener isn't working properly.
- There may be a simple solution. Click here for additional information from LiftMaster or contact LiftMaster customer service at 800-528-2817 (USA) or 800-528-2009 (Canada).
- Do I still need springs if I put an opener on my garage door?
- Yes. Garage door openers are designed to open a door that is properly balanced with correct springs. Without springs, the door will be too heavy for your opener and can cause damage to both the door and the opener.